Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

1934 Bugatti Type 59

Here are some images of Bburago's 1/18 scale Bugatti Type 59.
This kit within itself is a very simple kit to assemble. However I decided to punch it up a few notches with a new paint job done with a used patina look. I also scratched out a hood belt (built earlier) and a bug screen. I also decided to paint the front number and not use a decal. This enabled me to hold a screen look on the number which with a decal is difficult to obtain.
Here is how it appeared before

From Wikipedia"
 The final Bugatti race car of the 1930s was the Type 59 of 1934. It used an enlarged 3.3 L (3257 cc/198 in³) version of the straight-8 Type 57's engine sitting in a modified Type 54 chassis. The engine was lowered for a better center of gravity, and the frame was lightened with a number of holes drilled in the chassis. The signature piano wire wheels used splines between the brake drum and rim, and relied on the radial spokes to handle cornering loads. 250 hp (186 kW) was on tap, and 8 were made.

9 comments:

Motorsport Modeller said...

Me like!!! Great looking model and what a classic car. It all looks perfect.

-Warren Zoell said...

Thanks Shayne!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! This reminds that I should get started on my 35.

Dave

-Warren Zoell said...

What scale is it?

Anonymous said...

It's the old Monogram kit in 1/24th.

Dave

Unknown said...

How did you make the grill screen?

-Warren Zoell said...

Just from extra mesh from other model kits and wire glued to the edge and painted flat black.

Anonymous said...

Hello Warren,

can you tell me the code or Name of the paint (like #87CEFF, SkyBlue1) you USA f9r that project?

Best regards
Andy

-Warren Zoell said...

Hi Andy - I couldn't tell you. All I did was match the colour to a photograph I had.